Win Tickets to a Top Beer Festival in Wisconsin
UPDATE: We have our winners – Susan Maloney and David Tolan. You’ll each need to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can send you the details. Congratulations.
The Great Northern Beer Festival was named to the Road Trips for Beer Top 10 Spring Beer Festivals 2011 for a few reasons.
- The Locale: It will be held at the Hi-Pines Campground in Eagle River, way up north in Wisconsin. It’s an area of the country that I’ve not yet visited, but because I’ve heard so much about the region’s natural beauty and outdoor adventure opportunities, it’s high on my list of future road trip destinations
- The Beer Selection: Though several out-of-state craft brewers (New Belgium, Founders and Sierra Nevada, among them) will pour samples at the festival, the vast majority of breweries on the beer list are based in Wisconsin. And tasting beer that you can’t buy at the corner liquor store really is the whole point of a Road Trip for Beer.
- Social Media: The GNBF’s website is superb: Attractive and easy to navigate, with links to answer any questions you might have about the festival and the Eagle River area. The campaign encompasses Twitter and Facebook, which are regularly updated with pertinent information and promotions (and a sense of humor, too!). Such efforts are important to the traveler from out of the area, and certainly helpful in planning a Road Trip for Beer.
All in all, the Great Northern Beer Festival is a destination worthy of the craft beer explorer. And now for the really good news.
Festival organizers have made available two pairs of tickets to be given away on Road Trips for Beer. That’s a total of four tickets to be given in pairs to two lucky readers.
Here’s What to Do
Leave a comment below telling us the favorite Road Trip for Beer that you’ve ever taken (If you’ve visited a brewery, festival or other great beer venue on a family or business trip, that counts. If you’ve never taken one, tell us your dream Road Trip for Beer).
If you want additional chances to win, you can do these things (make sure you leave a separate comment below for each action):
- Follow @RoadTrips4Beer on Twitter, or let us know that you already do.
- Like our Facebook page, or let us know that you already do.
- Mention @RoadTrips4Beer and @gnbf in a tweet (you can do this as many times as you want, but only one counts for the purposes of this giveaway) and leave a comment saying you did so.
Again, just doing these does not give you an entry. You must leave a separate comment that you did so on this page. Sorry for any inconvenience, but we want to make sure we don’t miss it.
We’ll pick a winner Monday, May 23, 2011, at 9 a.m. Eastern Time using the Random.org service. The first two comments chosen this way will each win a pair of tickets, which will be available at the GNBF’s “Will Call.”
For more information on the festival, or if you want to buy tickets, visit its website.
Good luck, and good beer.