Cleveland Beer Fest debuts big, and you can win free tickets
(UPDATE: Congratulations to commenter Ryan McCartney, winner of the tickets to the festival. Thanks to everyone who entered. You can still get a discount on advance tickets. Read on to find out).
Most beer festivals start out small: a dozen or so brewers, maybe some food pairings, a local band or two. Then, if it’s a success, it happens again following year, a little bigger, then over the years even more is added.
The Cleveland International Beer Fest threw that formula out the window. This inaugural fest on May 13-14 at the Ohio city’s I-X Center will feature three sessions – one Friday night and two on Saturday, upwards of 800 beers poured from more than 200 brewers from around the globe, presentations from renowned craft beer authorities, and a judged competition. (Read through this article to find out how to garner a discount on tickets and a chance to win a free pair).
Other highlights include:
- Brew U: Beer-centric demonstrations and discussions that highlight trends in home brewing, regional developments and green brewing; identifying beer flavors; and more.
- Tasting Room: Seminars on food and beer pairings, identifying beer flavors and more.
- A VIP Brewers Lounge: Access to tasting of rare and limited-release beers, as well as a chance to mingle with brewers.
Here are the basics:
- Session 1 – Friday, May 13, from 7-11 p.m.
- Session 2 – Saturday, May 14, from 1-5 p.m.
- Session 3 – Saturday, May 14 from 7-11 p.m.
- $45 Single-Session General Admission Ticket (Session 1, 2, OR 3)
- $120 All-Session General Admission Pass (Includes ALL Sessions)
- $75 Single-Session VIP exBEERience Ticket (Session 1, 2 OR 3; Tickets are limited)
- $200 All-Session VIP exBEERience Pass (Includes ALL Sessions; Tickets are limited)
- $20 Single Session Designated Driver Ticket (Session 1, 2, OR 3; excludes alcohol samplings)
Now, here’s some good news for readers of Road Trips for Beer. You can get a $4 discount on general admission tickets (no minimum required). Just go to the International Beer Fest website, www.ixbeerfest.com, click on the “Buy Tickets” icon, and enter the promo code BLOG. Then click and print. Plus, when you order an online advance ticket, you’ll receive a one-year subscription or renewal to DRAFT Magazine – an added value of $19.99!
Now for the even better news. The good folks at the I-X Center gave us the go-ahead to offer a free pair of general admission tickets to the International Beer Fest.
All you have to do is leave a comment below telling us what your favorite beer festival of the year is.
If you want additional chances to win, you can do these things (make sure you leave a separate comment below for each action):
- Follow @RoadTrips4Beer on Twitter, or let us know that you already do.
- Like our Facebook page, or let us know that you already do.
- Mention @RoadTrips4Beer and @ixbeerfest in a tweet (you can do this as many times as you want, but only one counts for the purposes of this giveaway).
Again, just doing these does not give you an entry. You must leave a separate comment that you did so on this page. Sorry for any inconvenience, but we want to make sure we don’t miss it.
We’ll pick a winner May 6, 2011, at 9 a.m. Eastern Time using the Random.org service. Tickets will be available at the I-X Center “Will Call” window.
For more information on the festival, visit its website.
Good luck, and say hi to Road Trips for Beer editor Gerard Walen if you see him there.